The answer to all of these questions and many more is Mike Woodroffe, founder, writer, producer, and programmer for Adventure International UK, AdventureSoft, and HorrorSoft. I am pleased to announce that he has agreed to do a community interview with us!
Although Mike started in on the business side as a game importer, he also worked on a number of adventure games through the 1980s and early 90s. He seems to have had a particular love for licensed properties. To date, we’ve played only two of his games (Elvira and Elvira II), but as a special Missed Classic we will be reviewing Seas of Blood next week! We may even see another of his games in a few weeks...
- 1985 - Seas of Blood (with Alan Cox)
- 1985 - Robin of Sherwood: The Touchstones of Rhiannon (with Brian Howarth)
- 1987 - Masters of the Universe: Super Adventure (with Teoman Irmak, Stefan Ufnowski, & Graham Lilley)
- 1989 - Heroes of the Lance (with Teoman Irmak, Graham Lilley, Anthony Scott, Alan Bridgeman, Matt Ellis, Brian Howarth, Tom Lucas, & Simon Woodroffe)
- 1989 - A Personal Nightmare (with Alan Bridgman, Alan Cox, & Keith Wadhamsa)
- 1990 - Elvira (with Alan Bridgman, Keith Wadhamsa, & Simon Woodroffe)
- 1991 - Elvira 2 (with Alan Bridgman & Simon Woodroffe)
- 1992 - Waxworks (with Alan Bridgman & Simon Woodroffe)
- 1993 - Simon the Sorcerer (also programmer)
- 1995 - Simon the Sorcerer 2
- 1997 - The Feeble Files
- 2002 - Simon the Sorcerer 3D (managing director)
- 2005 - Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth (managing director)