Sunday 3 June 2012

What's Your Story? - Alfred n the Fettuc

Leisure Suit Larry 2 is turning out to be a much greater challenge than I expected! I was really hoping to be able to finish the game this weekend, particularly as I fly out on a business trip tomorrow morning to London. That's clearly not going to happen (all I'll say is that I'm not very good at being a woman!), so I thought I'd leave you all with a What's Your Story post before continuing on once I get to the other side of the world. The good news is that I'll be in London for two weeks, and expect to have quite a bit of time to play games while I'm there. That's the only positive I can take out of being away from my wife and daughter for such a long time. I haven't noticed any readers calling London home, but if anyone wants to show me a good place to get a beer or a coffee, you know how to reach me.

This week's What's Your Story post is for Alfred n the Fettuc, since his answers were the first I received. I've now got upwards of four months worth of answers, so thanks to everyone that has sent them through. It's the easiest twenty CAPs you'll ever earn, so keep them coming. Please note that the pictures and captions were added by me and not Alfred himself.


Alfred n the Fettuc sure looks familiar!

My age is… 30

The first adventure game I played was… Police Quest III (I can remember it was on an summer exchange trip to Ireland and I spent more time on the family's computer than visiting the country)

My favourite adventure game is… Difficult to choose between so many great games. I'll have to give a draw between Day of the Tentacle and Gabriel Knight I.


Day of the Tentacle would have to be there on most adventure gamer's list

When I’m not playing games I like to… watch movies!

I like my games in (a box, digital format)… digital right now because I'm out of space in my new apartment...

The thing I miss about old games is… the sheer amount of creativity and risk taking when games weren't as expensive to make as they are today.

The best thing about modern games is… when they create an universe so perfectly fitting, you can't help but get sucked into it (e.g : Batman Arkham City of Darksiders)


I might check these new Batman games out when I get to the end of the list. At least they'll be cheap by then!

The one TV show I never miss is… True Blood! Vampires! Alan Ball (Six Feet under writer)! Louisiana!

If I could see any band live it would be… Nine Inch Nails, but Trent said he won't be going on stage anymore... snifff...

My favourite movie is… This one I can't answer. Too many possibilities. The first ones that pop into my mind would be Fight Club/Drive/Lost Highway. But ask me tomorrow and I could give you totally different ones.


Nice choice Alfred! Fight Club is a top ten film for me also.

One interesting thing about me is… I work in the movie business, I'm an Assistant Director for a few big french movies and I'm also a scriptwriter for two animation french TV shows. And I write a video game blog in english which is nowhere near as successful as yours, but I keep trying ;)

Interested in sending your answers and getting 20 points for you trouble? Email theadventuregamer@gmail.com.

15 comments:

  1. This is certainly a good community building exercise. I imagine everyone's got a story as interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alfred, can you say which big French movies? I'm very curious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me too! But I felt I was being more than a little nosy already. ;)

      Delete
  3. Hey! I'm honored to be the first one in this community feature, but I sure now regret that I haven't been more verbose in my answers...

    For the movies, I haven't worked on The Artist, which is a shame because it's the french movie everybody has heard about these days...

    I've been notably an AD for Jean-Pierre Jeunet on Micmacs à Tire-Larigot, for Maïwenn on Polisse, and for Julie Delpy on Skylab. I don't know if you guys have heard of these ones abroad, but they have been big things here. I've worked on a few other ones as well, but they are less known and I don't think you've seen them.

    And concerning I'm the star of today's post, I'll allow myself to a bit of advertising : please go see my blog too! and comment on everything! ;) What is hard about this blogging business is that I always doubt if I'm interesting to readers or not, and it's the comments that make us keep going :)

    Granted, it's going pretty slow at the moment, but I promise I'll get back to it as soon as my life has slowed down a bit!

    Apart from that, I love your blog, Trick, your writing is top notch and it brings back a lot of memories!

    And my name is not really Alfred.

    And the first adventure game I've ever played might be Future Wars instead of PQ3, I'm not sure, that's why this one is important to me ;)

    And I'll stop rambling. Thanks Trick for making me the star for one post ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a big fan of French cinema, I do recognise most of what you've mentioned. Micmacs is the only of Jeunet's recent films that I haven't seen (I loved Delicatessen, City of Lost Children, Amelie and A Very Long Engagement, so I really should see it).

      Knowing how much time it takes to have a blog like this, I have no idea how you would work in that industry and have time to not only play games, but also write about them. Respect!

      Delete
    2. I've heard of Micmacs, haven't watched it yet though (seen a few other Jean-Pierre Jeunet films though!). French films aren't as well known here as US ones though (in the UK), so I don't usually hear about them unless someone recommends one.

      Delete
    3. I agree Alfred, comments are important (knowing people read and have opinions on the blog help) and I should have expanded my answers to the questionnaire a bit.

      Delete
  4. Wow, man. You worked on Micmacs? That was a pretty good film, be proud of that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I'm about to go to the airport for a short 31 hour flight to London. I hope they have good movies on the plane!

    Be back online in a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a good trip Trick! Try the Porterhouse pub in Covent Garden and their own brews, excellent stuff!

      Delete
    2. London, England I assume? (There is, for the record, a London, Ontario, Canada)

      Delete
    3. If you travel a lot, we should probably start to ask CAPs for recommending good bars in your destinations ;)

      Delete
    4. I might head out to the Porterhouse Pub tonight. If it's as good as Lars-Erik suggests, I may be willing to pay for the information.

      Delete
  6. I'm proud of it, but to be honest, I really didn't like the movie. I've always been a big fan of Jeunet and working on one of his movies was really an achievement for me, but I've been kind of disappointed with the result.

    Concerning video games, it's always been a huge passion of mine, so I guess I'll always find time for it... ;) But as you can see, it's sometimes difficult to manage to keep updating regularly (e.g. I'm currently working on a commercial in another city for now, so I can comment, but not really play games)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alfred n the Fettuc, you may have answered this already, but are you named after the Action 5 game that didn't actually work?

    ReplyDelete